Sweet Shorts

Kristin from The Little Style File recently told me how flattering shorts with a three inch inseam are. If I wear shorts at all, I’m usually a Bermuda shorts kinda girl, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to give shorter shorts a whirl. It has been several years since they’ve graced this mama’s bod. Haha!

short shorts, printed shorts, j. crew shorts

Outfit details here.

I’m loving these printed J. Crew cuties! So, do you keep it on the longer or shorter side when you’re picking out your shorts lovelies?

• Style Kikay

I love both! It really depends on my mood and what place to go. 🙂 I do love that color and print combination.

June 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm Reply
  • Closet Fashionista

Those are sooo cute! And I love it paired with green! 😀

June 12, 2013 at 4:43 pm Reply
  • Samantha Elisabeth

I feel like it all depends! Shorter shorts definitely look better one me than longer ones since my legs are on the shorter side! However, I think my biggest pet peeve with my shorts is having pull the groin area down all the time because of a little bit of chub rub!

June 12, 2013 at 5:26 pm Reply
  • Morgan

I like both, just depends on what I’m doing or where I am going. But prefer shorter, after all their shorts right! 🙂

June 12, 2013 at 7:25 pm Reply
  • Kim

Love this combo! The one pair of shorts I own right now (as I have a realllly hard time finding flattering ones for my mom hips) have a three and a half inch in-seam, so you may be on to something here!

June 12, 2013 at 7:32 pm Reply
  • Kirsty

Cute! Definitely not the time to be wearing shorts here but I can’t wait to slip them on again!

June 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm Reply
  • Mary Jo

So glad you found them! I only wear the 3″ shorts from J crew because the rest make me look too dumpy 🙂 Some of the new ones are so adorable, I’m holding my breath for the summer sale!
    xo Mary Jo

June 12, 2013 at 9:05 pm Reply
  • kelly

5″ is a more comfortable length than these 3″ for me, but I’m willing to break my own rule for a cute pattern or color!

June 12, 2013 at 10:14 pm Reply
  • Jackie

I do like the Kelly green and navy combo. Quite crisp and nautical.

June 12, 2013 at 10:56 pm Reply
  • Foodie in WV

I love J Crew shorts, they fit me well and the pattern on those shorts is really cute! They might need to be a little longer for me though 🙂

June 13, 2013 at 7:16 am Reply
  • Stephanie@Henry Happened

I’m for longer shorts myself, although these have the cutest print!

June 13, 2013 at 9:50 am Reply
  • lyddiegal

I think the three inch inseam is just right. Nothings hanging out, but you still have the cute summery silhouette. as long as they aren’t skin tight on your thighs, you are good to go. and these are just adorable, you should take the plunge!

June 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm Reply
  • Beautystylegrowth

I love this color combo.

June 13, 2013 at 8:37 pm Reply
  • Alexis Grace

I am a short shorts girl. I just think they look better on me- even post kiddo! These are adorable and I could really use a new printed pair. Not sure we have J.Crew in Singapore- but I am now on the lookout for something similar.

June 13, 2013 at 11:24 pm Reply